Wednesday 13 July 2011

In the Beginning...

My name is Simon and I like Motorbikes.

Building my own motorbike has been at the top of my list of things to do since I can remember and now with my Motorsports Engineering degree behind me I think its about time I started. This project has been inspired by the stunning bikes created at Falcon Motorcycles:


So where to start? .... In Ebay we trust.

Initially I wanted to use an old British motor such as a Triumph or BSA but after seeing rusty old engines which were in pieces go for quadruple figures (!) I had a re-think and decided Japanese was the way to go as they are cheaper to buy easier to find spares for. After a bit of searching a came across this beauty.


A 1977 Yamaha XS 250. To the untrained and trained eye is an absolute state. Needless to say it is non-running, needs a lot of TLC but it is just want I am looking for.     

No comments:

Post a Comment